Tuesday 19 June 2012

Valley

Calchaqui Valley

The Calchaqui Valley is located in the northern part of Argentina, South America, known as Salta. Argentina is my mothers place of birth and was a great area for valleys since i believed that many people would pick Australian landscapes and my fathers country of birth, Uruguay, is mostly flat.
The area is quite arid and dry with only minimal shrubs and some tress located closer to the river.





Crysis 3 Valley

The above images are from my first attempt of my crysis 3 landscape for Assignment 3. I have used the calchaqui valley image as a reference for my cyris 3 valley. I decided to add an island in between the river and valley to provide the "meeting place on the valley floor". The small patches of green grass near the river and red sand everywhere else coincides with the hot and dry weather encountered in the north of Argentina.

Later I might add some trees and shrubs in order to give the area more vegetation and a provide a better view for the headquarters.

No comments:

Post a Comment